Today's lesson was an introduction to the different pedagogical approaches that we can learn to adopt in our teaching.
Pedagogy of the Chinese language includes analysis of newspaper articles, rote learning, field trips, bringing the students to heritage centres, small group learning/lectures, learning stations and individual learning/group work etc.
Today, we were mainly introduced to 5 types of pedagogical approaches, namely, project- based learning, inquiry- based learning, game- based learning, resource- based learning and case- based learning.
We were divided into 5 groups with each of the groups discussing one of the above- mentioned pedagogical approach. I was in the group dealing with inquiry- based learning. It was an interesting exercise and I have learnt a lot more about this approach.
The process involved in this approach is basically: Ask-> Investigate-> Create-> Discuss-> Reflect, then returning to the Asking process. The whole process is a cycle.
I believe that this approach, when carried out effectively, will help to initiate an independant learning environment and will also build up the interests of the students on a particular topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment